Hospitality and Resort Activity Internship
AHA’s Hospitality & Resort Activity Internship program provides U.S. students with an exciting work and cultural experience opportunity, right here in America. Participants spend the season living and working in an U.S. destination vacation area alongside international students participating in our J-1 cultural exchange programs.
- Build your resume and develop global workforce skills
- Explore a new part of the U.S.
- Make friends from around the world
- Work at an awesome resort while meeting the requirements of your internship
We'll match you with one of our valued hospitality employers. You’ll become a valued member of their team, earn the current wage for the position (at least minimum wage) and work between 32-40 hours per week (average). Host employers provide local housing.
- Choose from one of the following Destinations:
Arcing west off the tip of Florida just beyond Miami is the archipelago known as the Florida Keys. The subtropical climate in the Keys makes it a favorite, “Caribbean in the USA destination year-round! Fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving are some of the most popular activities in the Keys.
Opportunities include: Recreation Attendant, Pool Attendant, Entertainment Host
Sheboygan is the “Spirit on The Lake.” From breathtaking views of Lake Michigan and large sandy beaches to world class sailing and premier charter fishing, our coastal community has a lot to offer.
Opportunities include: Bartender, F& B Service
- Email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete AHA application and create an account
- Interview with AHA and Employer
Participants must be:
- 18 years old at program start date
- Legal to work in the U.S.
- Graduate of an accredited U.S. high school
- Enrolled full-time in a classroom-based U.S. college, university, or other higher-education institution.
$345 (Due at the time of application)
Your program fee covers all of the following:
- Internship placement
- Arrangement of local housing at or very near your job location
- Resume builder, pre interview with AHA to help develop your interview skills (you will also interview with the employer).
- Support throughout the application and interview process
- Regular check-ins
- Enrollment into AHA World Campus HPC Course
$95 of the program fee is non-refundable once your AHA interview is completed and you have been notified of acceptance.
- Travel to your job: $300-400 (depending on the distance from your home to your job placement)
- Housing: $115-500 per month, depending on your job placement. All housing will be arranged by your host employer and will be directly at or very near your job location. A deposit might be required.
- Meals, local transportation, and incidentals: $150-200 per month
All job placements will earn at least minimum wage. Hourly pay will vary depending on the specific host employer and position. We suggest you budget at least $900-1,200 to cover your initial costs and deposits when you arrive to your host employer, and to cover any unexpected or emergency situations before your first paycheck. In general, participants can cover the above expenses with earnings from their job.
Supporting our mission to foster international understanding and goodwill, the BridgeUSA Reciprocity Funds is a cultural exchange mini-grant program supported by the American Hospitality Academy.
Mini-grants are open to U.S. college students and recent graduates participating in an educational cultural exchange program, i.e. education, internship, training, community project abroad.
Funds are available to reimburse the expenses of eligible cultural exchange activities. Successful mini-grant applications display elements of people to people exchanges. Examples include, not limited to:
Experience Culture - learning about the culture of the country you are visiting
- Cooking class
- Tour of culturally significant location
- Completing volunteer project
- Attend sporting event, festival
- American Food Night
- Event where you showcase American culture
- Holiday party featuring an American holiday or celebration
Click Here To Apply
Questions or more information, please email: Manager@Americanhospitalityacademy.com